Archive for July, 2016
Proverbs 6: 16 – 19
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: Yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, Fee that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, And he that soweth discord among brethren.
Alma 14:10 – 11
10 And it came to pass that when Amulek saw the pains of the women and children which were consuming in the fire, he was also pained; and he saith unto Alma: How can we witness this awful scene? Therefore let us stretch forth our hands, and exercise the power of God which is in us, and save them from the flames.
11 But Alma saith unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in glory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the judgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the blood of the innocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day.
Go in faith, your mission is one of love. Remember, I have called you to be saviors of men. Be true to your calling and my Spirit will direct you and I will manifest myself to you and will send my messengers in times of need. My Spirit shall fill your souls with joy. The way will be opened for you. Amen.
Peace like a river of pure waters will flow to all the faithful that heed and obey. Give to them the words I bring. Let gladness and peace in God be in your hearts and the oppressors will fade away.
III Nephi 30: 1 – 2
1 Hearken, O ye Gentiles, and hear the words of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, which he hath commanded me that I should speak concerning you, for, behold he commandeth me that I should write, saying:
2 Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repent of your evil doings, of your lyings an deceivings, and of your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and you idolatries, and of your murders, and your priestcrafts, and your envyings, and your strifes, and from all your wickedness and abominations, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people which are of the house of Israel.
Isaiah 51: 1 – 6
1 Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: Look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, And to the hole of the pit whence ye are are digged.
2 Look unto Abraham your father, And unto Sarah that bare you: For I called him alone, And blessed him, and increased him.
3 For the Lord shall comfort Zion: He will comfort all her waste places; And he will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the Lord; Joy and gladness shall be found therein, Thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
4 Hearken unto me, my people; And give ear unto me, O my nation: For a law shall proceed from me, And I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.
5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, And mine arms shall judge the people; The isles shall wait upon me, And on mine arm shall they trust.
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, And look upon the earth beneath: For the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, And the earth shall wax old like a garment, And they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: But my salvation shall be for ever, And my righteousness shall not be abolished.
Ecclesiastes 9:16 – 18
16 Then said I, Wisdom is better than strength: nevertheless the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard.
17 The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools.
18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.
Mosiah 29: 26 – 27
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth any thing contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law– to do your business by the voice of the people.
27 And if the time cometh that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he hath hitherto visited this land.
Articles of Faith and Practice 17
We believe that all men are stewards under God and answerable to him not only for the distribution of accumulated wealth, but for the manner in which such wealth is secured. The primary purpose of stewardship is not the increase of church revenue or the mere contribution of money by those who have to those who have not, but to bring men to a realization of the common fatherhood and the universal brotherhood of man in all the affairs and expressions of life, and to maintain such social adjustments that each may enjoy the bounty and gifts of God, and be free to exercise his talents and ability to enrich the life of all.
II Peter 2:1- 9
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in the damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked;
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgement to be punished.
Even if we are surrounded by evil every day, the Lord can and will deliver us.
I Peter 2:13 – 16
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors,m as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
Galatians 3:24 – 28
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
“The Lord rested in the hands of evil men and they caused to be brought about the plan of God–redemption and the resurrection through the death of the human and the resurrection of himself to an example of life eternal. For all mankind, resurrection, but to many a ransom to all that hear and obey–enduring to the end that they might be saved.”
We see that God uses evil men to bring about his plan of salvation. Times become hard for the all because of the evil, but the righteous shall be saved. It is a promise from God.
Jacob 2:17 – 19
17 Think of your brethren like unto yourselves, and be familiar with all and free with your substance, that they may be rich like unto you.
18 But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God.
19 And after that ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them; and ye will seek them for the intent to do good–to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the captive, and administer relief to the sick and the afflicted.
Deuteronomy 4:29 – 31
29. But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
30. When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
31. (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
Fourth Nephi 1:15 – 17
15. And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.
16. And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor no manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people which had been created by the hand of God.
17. There were no robbers, nor no murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor no manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom God.
This was after Christ had come to the people of Nephi. See the joy we have to look forward to!
Romans 12:14 – 21
14. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Teach diligently the doctrine of the gospel of Christ Jesus. Let your conversations be in humility, for this shall be your power in winning your brother–whose mind is in the dark.
Jude V 20 – 21
20. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Hebrews 11:1 – 6
1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Please continue reading Hebrews Chapter 11.