Archive for August, 2016
Romans 14:1 – 5
1. Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth; for God hath received him.
4. Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Galatians 3:1 – 6
1. O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4. Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6. Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Amos 5:11 – 15
11. Forasmuch therefore as your treading is upon the poor, And ye take from him burdens of wheat: Ye have built houses of hewn stone, But ye shall not dwell in them; Ye have planted pleasant vineyard, But ye shall not drink wine of them.
12. For I know your manifold transgressions and you mighty sins: They afflict the just, they take a bribe, And they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right.
13. Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; For it is an evil time.
14. Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: And so the Lord, the God of hosts shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
15. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: It may be that the Lord God of Hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
I Peter 4:12 – 16
12. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13. But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14. If ye be reproached for the named of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part his is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
15. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters.
16. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
Alma 5:51 – 57
51. And also the Spirit saith unto me, yea, crieth unto me with a might voice, saying: Go forth and say unto this people–Repent, for except ye repent ye can in no wise inherit the kingdom of heaven.
52. And again I say unto you, the Spirit saith: Behold, the axe is laid at the root of the tree; therefore every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit shall be hewn down and cast into the fire, yea, a fire which cannot be consumed, even an unquenchable fire. Behold, and remember, the Holy One hath spoken it.
53. And now my beloved brethren, I say unto you, can ye withstand these sayings; yea, can ye lay aside these things, and trample the Holy One under you feet; yea, can ye be puffed up in the pride of your hearts; yea, will ye still persist in the wearing of costly apparel and setting your hearts upon the vain things of the world, upon your riches?
54. Yea, will ye persist in supposing that ye are better one than another; yea, will ye persist in the persecutions of your brethren, who humble themselves, and do walk after the holy order of God, wherewith they have been brought into this church, having been sanctified by the Holy Spirit, and they do bring forth works which is meet for repentance–
55. Yea, and will you persist in turning your backs upon the poor, and the needy, and in withholding your substance from them?
56. And finally, all ye that will persist in your wickedness, I say unto you that these are they which shall be hewn down and cast into the fire except they speedily repent.
57. And now I say unto you, all you that are desirous to follow the voice of the Good Shepherd, come ye out from the wicked, and be ye separate, and touch not their unclean things; and behold, their names shall be blotted out, that the names of the wicked shall not be numbered among the names of the righteous, that the word of God may be fulfilled, which saith: The names of the wicked shall not be mingled with the names of my people;
I Nephi 8:26 – 28
26. And I also cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the other side of the river of water, a great and spacious building; and it stood as it were in the air, high above the earth.
27. And it was filled with people, both old and young, both male and female; and their manner of dress was exceeding fine; and they were in the attitude of mocking and pointing their fingers towards those which had come at and were partaking of the fruit.
28. And after that they had tasted of the fruit they were ashamed, because of those that were scoffing at them; and they fell away into forbidden paths and were lost.
As we see from Lehi’s vision, we must remain faithful until the very end. There have been and will be those that fall away because of the mocking of the world. We must hold on to the rod of iron/the Word of God and not worry what others think to be with our Lord and Saviour for eternity.
Fear not, for the Lord is mindful of his people. The Church shall see his hand and his power. Heed not that which does not calm the soul–it is of the evil and seeks to destroy. Be not moved in emotion, for Satan takes hold of mankind and entices evil that they may gain prominency–and speaks in confusion and untruths.