21. And this Zeezrom began to question Amulek, saying : Will ye answer me a few questions which I shall ask you? Now Zeezrom was a man which was expert in the devices of the devil, that he might destroy that which was good; therefore, he saith unto Amulek: Will ye answer the questions which I shall put unto you?
22. And Amulek saith unto him: Yea, if it be according to the Spirit of the Lord, which is in me; for I shall say nothing contrary to the Spirit of the Lord. And Zeezrom saith unto him: Behold, here is six onties of silver, and all these will I give thee if thou wilt deny the existence of a Supreme Being.
23. Now Amulek saith: O thou child of hell, why tempt ye me? Knowest thou that the righteous yieldeth to no such temptations?
24. Believest thou that there is no God? I say unto you, Nay, you knowest that there is a God, but thou lovest that lucre more than him.
25. And now thou hast lied before God unto me. Thou saidst unto me–Behold these six onties, which are of great worth, I will give unto thee–when thou had in thy heart to retain them from me; and it was only thy desire that I should deny the true and living God, that thou mightest have cause to destroy me. And now behold, for this great evil thou shalt have thy reward.