Archive for the ‘Thought Of The Day’ Category
II Corinthians 4:1-4
1. Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2. But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in the craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4. In whom the god of this wold hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
4. For, for this intent have we written these things, that they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming; and not only we ourselves had a hope of his glory, but also all the holy prophets which were before us.
5. Behold, they believed in Christ and worshiped the Father in his name, and also we worship the Father in his name. And for this intent we keep the law of Moses, it pointing our souls to him; and for this cause it is sanctified unto us for righteousness, even as it was accounted unto Abraham in the wilderness to be obedient unto the commands of God in offering up his son Isaac, which was a similitude of God in offering up his Only Begotten Son.
6. Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.
7. Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.
13. But wickedness did prevail upon the face of the whole land, insomuch that the Lord did take way his beloved disciples, and the work of miracles and of healing did cease because of the iniquity of the people.
14. And there were no gifts from the Lord, and the Holy Ghost did not come upon any, because of their wickedness and unbelief.
15. And I, being fifteen years of age and being somewhat of a sober mind, therefore I was visited of the Lord, and tasted and knew of the goodness of Jesus.
16. And I did endeavor to preach unto this people, but my mouth was shut, and I were forbidden that I should preach unto them; for behold they had willfully rebelled against their God; and the beloved disciples were taken away out of the land, because of their iniquity.
Alma 26: 13-22
13. Behold, how many thousands of our brethren hath he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?
14. Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God, and has loosed our brethren from the chains of hell.
15. Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he hath brought them into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work.
16. Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory int the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his longsuffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
17. Who could have supposed that our God would have been so merciful as to have snatched us from our awful, sinful, and polluted state?
18. Behold, we went forth even in wrath, with mighty threatnings to destroy his church.
19. O the, why did he not consign us to an awful destruction, yea, why did he not let the sword of his justice fall upon us, and doom us to eternal despair?
20. O, my sou, almost as it were, fleeth at the thought. Behold, he did not exercise his justice upon us, but in his great mercy hath brought us over that everlasting gulf of death and misery, even to the salvation of our souls.
21. And now behold, my brethren, what natural man is there that knoweth these things? I say unto you, there is none that knoweth these things, save it be the penitent.
22. Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing–unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, yea, unto such is shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it hath been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.
18. And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the Lord:
19. Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.
20. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.
21. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22. It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25. The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
17. Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
18. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
19. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from is wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
20. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from is righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
21. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.
12. Shall horses run upon the rock? Will one plow there with oxen? For ye have turned judgment into gall, And the fruit of righteousness into hemlock:
13. Ye which rejoice in a thing of nought, Which say, Have we not taken to us horns by our own strength?
14. But, behold, I will raise up against you a nation, O house of Israel, saith the Lord the God of hosts; And they shall afflict you from the entering in of Hemath unto the river of the wilderness.
II Nephi 18:18-22
18. Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
19. And when they shall say unto you: Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep and mutter–should not a people seek unto their God for the living to hear from the dead?
20. To the law and to the testimony; and if they speak not according to this word, it is because there in no light in them.
21. And they shall pass through it hardly bestead and hungry, and it shall come to pass that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
22. And they shall look unto the earth and behold trouble, and darkness, dimness of anguish, and shall be driven to darkness.
4. For behold, as yet, ye have been obedient unto the word of the Lord, which I have given unto you.
5. But behold, hearken ye unto me, and know that by the help of the all-powerful Creator of heaven and earth I can tell you concerning your thoughts, how that ye are beginning to labor in sin, which sin appeareth very abominable unto me, yea, and abominable unto God.
5. Be not contentious for this is Satan’s work; work in love with one another and with all men. Warn the people of the things I told you and let them judge, for the Lord will require it at their hands.
12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing assunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
21. And this Zeezrom began to question Amulek, saying : Will ye answer me a few questions which I shall ask you? Now Zeezrom was a man which was expert in the devices of the devil, that he might destroy that which was good; therefore, he saith unto Amulek: Will ye answer the questions which I shall put unto you?
22. And Amulek saith unto him: Yea, if it be according to the Spirit of the Lord, which is in me; for I shall say nothing contrary to the Spirit of the Lord. And Zeezrom saith unto him: Behold, here is six onties of silver, and all these will I give thee if thou wilt deny the existence of a Supreme Being.
23. Now Amulek saith: O thou child of hell, why tempt ye me? Knowest thou that the righteous yieldeth to no such temptations?
24. Believest thou that there is no God? I say unto you, Nay, you knowest that there is a God, but thou lovest that lucre more than him.
25. And now thou hast lied before God unto me. Thou saidst unto me–Behold these six onties, which are of great worth, I will give unto thee–when thou had in thy heart to retain them from me; and it was only thy desire that I should deny the true and living God, that thou mightest have cause to destroy me. And now behold, for this great evil thou shalt have thy reward.
28. Yea, thus we see that the gate of heaven is open unto all, even to those who will believe on the name of Jesus Christ, which is the Son of God.
29. Yea, we see that whosoever will lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked.
30. And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out.
24. And they saw that they had become weak, like unto their brethren, the Lamanites, and that the Spirit of the Lord did no more preserve them; yea, it had withdrawn from them because the Spirit of the Lord doth not dwell in unholy temples–
25. Therefore the Lord did cease to preserve them by his miraculous and matchless power, for they had fallen into a state of unbelief and awful wickedness; and they saw that the Lamanites were more exceeding numerous than they, and except they should cleave unto the Lord their God they must unavoidably perish.
26. For behold, they saw that the strength of the Lamanites was as great as their strength, even man for man. And thus had they fallen into this great transgression; yes, thus had they become weak, because of their transgression, in the space of not many years.
II Corinthians 6:16-17
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in the, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
III Nephi 27:20
20. Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.
12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Message 7 & 8:8
8. Teach the law of the Lord that the millennium may come, for great shall be the joy in heaven and angels shall sing aloud at that day. Hearken! The Lord has chosen his servants to proclaim the message. Then hasten, and do not delay his work. The Lord will bless you that labor, and the people you shall labor among, for your sake. Labor in love; be harsh with no one; qualify to be leaders; go to the rich and poor alike. Be not puffed up; be humble, and inasmuch as you will do this God will be with you.
4. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished, This is the first resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.